If your employees are out of the office and working from home then you still have certain health and safety responsibilities to ensure their wellbeing is continued to be looked after.
Fruit and Health
The priority and consideration is often lone working, or DSE assessments yet Mental Health often comes down further down the list, yet mental health is a clear responsibility.Employers have a ‘duty of care’. This means they must do all they reasonably can to support your health, safety and wellbeing.
Homeworking challenges and the impact in mental health
Some of the commonly reported workplace stressors include workload pressures, tight deadlines, too much responsibility and lack of managerial support, add to this the pressures of home working which can be a very isolating and challenging time for employees and its obvious that now, more than ever employers should be prioritising mental health. Its therefore really important that employers try and keep communication channels between management and employees open. The daily chat at the coffee machine could be replaced by a virtual one, as is encouraging regular meet ups on or off line outside work. Lots of guidance is available for both employees and employers. Acas recommends the following for employees working from home :
- stay in contact with people – talk to colleagues or friends about how you’re feeling
- have a routine so you plan in advance what you’ll be doing each day
- keep active and exercise
- make time for activities you enjoy
- reflect on what helps you feel more positive and what does not
Its always a challenge to identify employees whom are suffering from mental health challenges, its therefore more important than ever to open up communication channels and show that you care.
Fruit is a great addition to a well-rounded wellbeing programme
Nutritional support during times of stress
Food Scientist and Nutritional Therapist Susie Debice BSc Hons, Dip ION.
Care Packages for Homeworkers with Fruit
- A Seasonal Fruit Basket, containing around 25 portions of seasonal fruit.
- A Selection of Seasonal Fruits + Healthy Snacks, Around 20 portions of seasonal fruit plus 10 healthy snacks
- A Healthy Snack Selection, 20 or 40 Healthy Snacks.
Its really easy to order, simply contact Eatfruit for a be-spoke quote, securely send your employees delivery details or they can upload them themselves on-line and Eatfruit will do the rest!